With the warm weather now upon us in the north, many people are asking about outdoor showers. An outdoor shower can be useful in many different situations.
Here are just a few outdoor shower ideas:
- An outdoor shower by the pool
- An outdoor shower to bring to the beach
- An outdoor shower for camping
- An outdoor shower for the cottage
The outdoor shower that you need will obviously be dependent on what you need it for. Clearly, if you are going to be wearing your bathing suit, then you will not necessarily need an outdoor shower enclosure or outdoor shower curtain. If you are thinking more of using your outdoor shower at the cottage or for camping then perhaps you might consider building an outdoor shower or DIY outdoor shower.
Thankfully there are numerous types of outdoor showers available so perhaps just purchasing one that meets your needs may be easier than learning how to build an outdoor shower by yourself.
Portable Outdoor Showers
Portable Outdoor Shower
This poolside portable outdoor shower by Outdoor Lamp Company is a good example for an outdoor shower that you can use by the poolside or anywhere that there is a garden hose. The added feature of this one allows you to also wash your feet if you happen to have dirt or sand on them.
Perhaps you may prefer something that is even more portable. This portable outdoor shower above also requires no outdoor shower plumbing or outdoor shower fixtures. It is made of teak wood and is perfectly portable. Again, all that you need is access to a garden hose.
SUAOKI Outdoor Portable Shower Battery Powered Camp Shower with 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery, Water Pump and Build-in Water Filtration System – Turns Water from Bucket into Steady Gentle Stream
- Handheld Outdoor Shower: consists of a showerhead, a shower pump, a suction cap and an S-hook to free your hands, 1.8 meters (5.9 feet) hose that bends and flexes easily without kinking or wearing thin at any spot
- Battery Powered: comes with a 2200mAh rechargeable battery that allows up to 1 hour of continuous use for a single charge; the battery is removable and separated from the pump so it’s well protected from water and easy to charge with USB input
- Electric Water Pump: the 100% waterproof pump transforms water from sink / bucket into instant shower stream, the water flow is up to 4.5L/min, and water filtration system guarantee the clean water for secure usage
- Ultra Portable & Easy Operation: compact design and lightweight, put the shower pump underneath water and push the power button to turn it on, and your mini shower is ready to use
- Versatile and Compact: the shower is easy to store and is suitable for outdoors, camping, pet cleaning, car washing, plants watering, windows and backyard cleaning or scouring with sand at the beach
Solar Heated Outdoor Shower
Do you prefer to have a little bit of heat with your shower? Then you might consider purchasing an outdoor shower bag that you can install anywhere. This Camp Shower is solar heated and holds up to 5 gallons of water. This is a very portable outdoor shower and you can use it basically anywhere. Whether you are traveling or hiking, this is a very versatile option.
Solar Heated Outdoor Shower Idea
Privacy Outdoor Showers
For those of you who prefer some privacy there are also various types of outdoor shower enclosures that you can find that are easy to assemble and disassemble when needed. Outdoor shower enclosures are great for camping as well as being extremely useful at the cottage.
The outdoor shower enclosure also comes with a solar heated shower bag as well as a handy shower bar on the outside and a hanging mesh shower rack inside. Door closes for added privacy.
Heated Outdoor Showers
If you are looking for a heated outdoor shower but wish to have more flexibility with the pressure or temperature, you might want to consider the Portable Tankless Water Heater.
Enjoy instant hot water wherever you go with the Portable Tankless Water Heater. Generating more than 1 gallon of hot water per minute, this compact, energy-efficient heater creates a more comfortable and convenient outdoor experience for you and your family. The water heater comes with everything you need, including the adapters required to attach any standard garden hose nozzle and propane tank (propane tank not included).
More Outdoor Shower Ideas
How to Build Your Own Outdoor Shower
If you want more outdoor shower ideas or information regarding a diy outdoor shower, this book will help you with outdoor shower designs as well as information on how to build an outdoor shower.